10) Steve Martin – Author, Comedian, Actor – His book Cruel Shoes will be talked about for years.
9) Martin Gore – member of Depeche Mode, wrote most of the music for them
8 ) Adriana Lima – supermodel and keeper of the feijoada
7) Kate Beckinsale – actress with a remarkable ability to battle vampires and lycanthropes
6) Billy Joel – musician whose song catalog includes “New York State Of Mind” and “Piano Man”
5) Ludwig Van Beethoven – classical musician. The dude wrote Moonlight Sonata. ‘Nuff said.
4) The person who invented coffee, of course. If not available, maybe the person who discovered pork rinds.
3) Peter Gabriel – a musician who created the ‘So” album, which is one of my favorites. Both sides.
2) John Cusack – an actor who has appeared in some of my favorite films, “Better Off Dead,” “Say Anything” ….but not “Grifters.” I didn’t like that one.
1) The band, R.E.M., on the condition that they play the entire album, ‘Life’s Rich Pageant’ acoustically. Then, they may mingle among the rest of the guests of my imaginary coffee get-together.