2) I love music from the 1980s, specifically one-hit wonders from college radio/early MTV. I miss going to independent record stores and spending time flipping through albums, even if just to look at cover art.
3) One of my favorite movies is ‘Elephant Man'(1980). The scene where John Merrick recites the section of Psalms (“The Lord is my shepherd”) and the doctors realize that he can actually read/learn; gets me every time.
4) I am not sure why I like hearing women speaking with Russian accents. It’s my unsubstantiated proof of reincarnation, perhaps.
5) I have come to like building things out of wood. My skill set has progressed far beyond my days with Mr. Lovett in Industrial Arts class. There is something about seeing a tangible, finished product after a hard day’s work. Working with plaster, however, is still a bowl of suck. If time travel were possible, we should go back in time to the person who created it…and beat them senseless.
6) I hate wearing neckties, although it’s nice to dress up occasionally.
7) Ironing a cruel and futile practice, and those who practice its dark art should be ostracized until it no longer occurs. Ever.
8) Although I know they are nutritionally void, I absolutely love pork rinds.
9) I like to people watch. I don’t necessarily need to know any details, but sometimes standing on a busy street corner (see: NYC) and listen in on peoples’ conversations…just to hear snippets of phrases. It’s a quick source of inspiration for my writing.
10) I want to write a novel and have it published. I have no plans to quit my day job, as nursing seriously rocks. I would absolutely love if I could make my rounds on late night talk shows to talk about my book, and better still, have a larger than life poster in Times Square advertizing my book. Heck, if I can make it through nursing school, I can get published, right?